The EAB is responsible for:
- overseeing certain aspects of the EVIDENCE2e-CODEX Project (policy direction as opposed to day-to-day management)
- facilitating the involvement of affected stakeholders in the EVIDENCE2e-CODEX Project,
- providing scientific advice in the area of their expertise,
- reviewing and providing feedback on project deliverables,
- adding expertise to the group of project partners,
- evaluating, dissemination outputs and events, and assisting the project partners in achieving impact.
At least one member of the EAB is an expert in ethics and data protection (Ethical Issues Advisor) and is entrusted with the ethical review of the different tasks in project. In tasks where ethical concerns arise, the lead partner on the task will prepare a report on the ethical concerns that may arise and proposals on how to proceed in the task. The EAB member(s) responsible for ethical review will review the report prepared by the lead partner and, where necessary, make recommendations for improvement. A written record of the review process will be kept and attached to the periodic reports prepared and presented to the Commission by the Project Coordinator.